Re: Sold My Car Today

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Sold My Car Today
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:06:32 -0400
For those who are curious it was a 66 that I restored the first time in '79
and then re-restored in 91 when I switched from lacquer paint to a 2 pak
paint. The entire car was gutted and bead blasted.

Everything on it was new when I first restored it but since it was always
garaged and had fairly low mileage - about 20K - since I purchased the car,
everything was still in excellent condition although the wonderful Datsun
chrome started to crack and haze a bit.

My motor - a stroker - was sick with a bad cam so I couldn't sell it for
what it was really worth and I don't have the room or inclination to fix it
any time soon and as I said I just have too many toys.

I sold it for $5500 to Mike who saw it at 'The British are Coming,' a show
my MG club sponsors. BTW, many of my MG buddies think I was stupid for
selling it for an MGB, time will tell.

It was also sold because of social reasons as there are no Roadster events
anywhere close to my home BUT I did bring it to many, many Brit shows and it
was always regarded as a curiosity but a well received one - you'd be
surprised how many Brit owners owned one in the past. It was at 'American'
car shows where I received crap for owning it - WWII and all that ignorant
crap.

Mike

PS - No, I won't change my moniker to MGBMike and I will always support
Datsun and all my racing buddies. It ain't about the car but about the
people and I have many roadster friends who I still want to see.