Sold My Car Today

To: "Dawn & Dave" <ddpdatsun@talkamerica.net>,
Subject: Sold My Car Today
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:48:33 -0400
It was with a heavy heart that I sold my car today to a fellow Long Islander
and former Datsun Mechanic whose name strangely enough is also Mike.

After a long talk I am positive he will cherish it as I did and he told me he
fell in love with it as soon as he saw it and it's a keeper.

He plans to show it at a few custom car shows and if all goes well, take it on
a custom car cruise throughout the US next year. He's also a hot rodder and is
currently building a custom channeled and chopped 50 Ford w/a late Lincoln
drivetrain.

He plans to do a little more polishing to make the engine gleam as he loves
bright stuff in the engine compartment.

I am trying to convince him to come to the Glen but I don't think it will take
much arm twisting.

I bought the car in '79 from the original owner when my hair was still brown,
had more of it, no wrinkles and thinner. I've grown old with it but it aged
better than me :)

I haven't driven it much, even when it was healthy, which is why I sold it.
Not enough time and too many cars. Last year I only put 500 miles on my Miata,
275 on the Datsun and 800 on a 66 MGB.

It's time for it to go to another home where it gets 'run' more often.

Mike