RE: GM Alt Belt

To: Roadster Listgroup <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GM Alt Belt
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 09:50:30 -0600
Rick Stayner wrote:
 >Can everyone who is running the GM one wire conversion let the list know what
 >belt you are using?
 >Seems to be the the one piece of information missing on 311.org. I running a
 >3L380 Industrial belt, but it seems to stretching at an alarming rate. BTW,
 >love the amps the alt delivers. Wired it through the amp meter protected by a
 >30 amp fuse.

I'm using belt# 15380. I think that's a Gates nbr, but it cross-references
at Advance Auto, so shouldn't be too hard to match. Haven't had any problems
with it, nor have I adjusted it in the 6k miles since my conversion.

After 4 mitsubishi alt's in 8 yrs (ok, I think 2 were used, and 1 was a
'rebuilt' at a local shop), I too am thrilled with the Delco replacement.
I didn't really realize how annoying the headlight draw was at idle until
I went with the Delco. I had all 3 wires hooked up (exciter/idiot light
thingy) and a fusible link between alt and ammeter.

dan neff     '69 2000
colorado springs,  co
http://www.wycroc.org