Re: electrical question

To: girault@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: electrical question
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 07:16:55 -0500
Yes, that is the instrument voltage regulator. They can still be
purchased from the dealer or our vendors. They aren't expensive, I
bought 2 about a year ago for about $20 each.

What you describe as a fuse element inside the regulator is just a
flexible connection between the bi-metal element and the external
contacts. If you can solder a wire in its place you should be fine. I've
never seen one play fuse though, so before you connect things back up
check to see why it happened.

If you just bypass the regulator you will not damage anything, but your
fuel gauger and temp gauger will read high. As I recall, you will appear
to have about half a tank of gas when you run dry.

The regulator is shown on my wiring diagram. On the diagram I have it is
at the top of he page, next to the rheostat. It has 2 red/blue wires on it.

Good luck.

Peace,
Pat

--
Support Habitat for Humanity - a hand UP, not a hand OUT