OT Mold, Miata

To: "'datsunmike'" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: OT Mold, Miata
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@nasa.gov>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 07:16:01 -0500
Hey Mike, all -

On my Mom's white Miata I had to Clorox the whole car..!  The paint still
looks ok and will wax it this week.  I did get it running.  Replaced fuel
pump, filters, tune up, and drained the tank.  It fired up with a miss that
cleaned up after about 15 minutes (stuck injector).  Completed a brake job -
turned rotors, new pads, painted everything up nice - so now it stops.  The
electrical was a bear.  The fuse box was corroded pretty bad.  The fuses
were "fused" to the contacts and took a lot of effort to get them out and
contacts cleaned up.  Now just a brake light switch and all should be good.
I commented to my son that the Roadster is so much more simple to work on,
but running down the parts house to get everything off the shelf is nice.
Two really different cars and I agree - the Roadster has more character.

Have a great day!

Phil
SEROC