Re: relief effort & "Newbie" update

To: "'Roadster List'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: relief effort & "Newbie" update
From: "Matthew Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 19:36:55 -0700
Since the question has been asked "What are you doing besides continuing
your political diatribes?" I thought I'd throw this out there.

I sent my sister, who lives in Nashville, $3000.00 this week. Thursday she
began purchasing gas cans, generators, bottled water, dry food, propane,
bread, canned fruit and vegetables, canned meat, toiletries, etc. She left
early this morning with all this stuff loaded into the back of the F150 and
headed to my girlfriends house in Laurel MS, to distribute it to the local
residents. There is a shelter set up at the home of Bill Sanderson (of
Sanderson Farms Chicken).

Since most of the news is about destruction at the gulf coast, many people
don't know that the desperate situations extend more than 100 miles inland.
The town of Laurel (Just north of Hattiesburg) was hit by approx. 17
tornados during the storm. According to our friend who rode out the storm
there, it has sustained sever damage.

To keep a Roadster theme, I GOT ONE!!!! Tim Miner helped me find a beautiful
1970 2000 (Panasports and Solex carbs). Thank you Liz! I pick it up on 9/17!
Craig Halsted has helped me find a new top (already on the frame) so I can
transport the car to Chattanooga in a couple weeks. Craig, you're AWESOME!

Matthew A. Smith