It's Alive

To: Datsun Roadster Group <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: It's Alive
From: 68roadster <68roadster@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 19:52:10 -0700
Well, the stroker motor is in and running....took my first drive
tonight. Definately
up there on the YeeeHaaa scale. Thanks to everyone that helped with this
project.
If anyone is interested in what was done to the engine.

Crankshaft-----U20 turned 10/10 and 1 inch off snout----Les/CDM

Rods...U20 ---  Andrew Murphy

Pistons...U20 flat top with flycuts for valves-----Andrew Murphy

Camshaft....M13 grind---American Custom Cams

Rings...Les/CDM

Bearing set....Les/CDM

Cam chain set...Les/CDM

Engine Block....Mike Kerr/Roadster Restoration

Lifters....Mike Kerr/Roadster Restoration

Flywheel....16lb ....Mike Kerr/Roadster Restoration

Misc gaskets...Les/CDM

Machine work by Douglas Machine.....    Block bored 20 over
                    Rods reconditioned with new bushings
                    Block baked and shot peaned.
                    Surface milled to clean up
                    Block, rods, pistons magnafluxed

Mods to head....(Per Bob Sharp Racing manual)
                    Rockers lightend and polished and balanced
                    ported and polished/intake and exhaust ports matched
                    New valve job, 3 step grind
                    .050 off head

Running stock carbs until breakin. Then I get the 2l carbs from Keith.

U20 5 speed, rearend, drive shaft

Headers with custom exhaust

Note...for the purests:
The stock original engine (standard pistons and rings) along with the 4
speed, drive shaft,
complete rearend, stock wheels, exhaust, smog stuff and everything else
on the car that
was stock...is sitting on the workbench in my garage.

Dennis
68 Stroker
Minden, NV