fuel starvation?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: fuel starvation?
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 04:39:26 GMT
Greetings list, a question to those with electric fuel pumps... what pump are
you running?  On a blast home tonight (and I mean BLAST) I am pretty sure I
drained my carbs (48mm SKs)... sputter, cough... waited long enough and she
caught up.  I have some no-name electric fuel pump mounted on the frame rail
near the passenger rear tire, with an in-line filter in front of it, a second
Russell in-line filter in the engine bay then into a regulator set for 3.5lbs
(that is what the SKs like) mounted on the fire wall.  The pump is not too
loud, so I kinda like that (have heard some loud ones before), so it would be
nice if its replacement (if warranted) was fairly quiet.  I may try replacing
the filters first, but wanted to see if anyone else had experience... this list
is such a resource!  I suppose it is just as possible that the pump is fine but
the filters are too restrictive.  Thanks!  Oh, and by the way, the replacement
dash cover I got from Dean went in well and looks great (got the mid priced
one), as does my newer windshield (I can see!), however both require patience
and effort to install.  My best tip would be to attach the windshield gasket to
the windshield first, then put it all into the frame.  And don't waste your
time with sealer, as you will just get the crap all over the windshield and
then spend hours trying to get it off!  I ended up using car wax to clean the
glass in order to get all of it off... fun fun fun!
Greg Burrows
67 2000