Re: Parts for '67 1/2 1600

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Parts for '67 1/2 1600
From: "hallosb@juno.com" <hallosb@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 19:41:03 GMT
I second that comment.  Have your cylinder head checked out.  I didn't
re-torque my head bolts soon enough on my re-build and had water leak into the
cylinder.  I bent several valves.  Water in your cylinders can do nasty things.

New head bolts are probably a good investment, but I haven't priced them
lately.  I don't understand how studs versus bolts would make a difference,
other than the fact that studs make assembly easier.

Loctite on head bolts doesn't make sense, since you need to re-torque the head
bolts.  Head bolts sometimes require thread sealant, when they're exposed to
water jackets in the block.  Too long since the re-build, so I'm not sure
whether this applies to the 1600.

Dan McHatton
'66 1600

Hopefully you didn't warp the head too.
Have it checked before you put it back together.

Dave