wheel caps fabrication, toyota brake conversion

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: wheel caps fabrication, toyota brake conversion
From: James Hoffman <ericerichoffman@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 14:53:40 -0700 (PDT)
First of all let me say I'm grateful for this list and appreciate any responses.

I have a set of wheels that look to be 70's aluminum aftermarket and like so
many wheels of that description the center caps are tired.  Does anyone have
any experience or knowledge of having these fabricated?  Wouldn't it be great
if a set could be made out of aluminuim by copying my existing ones for a
reasonable price (I'm sure I'm dreaming about the last part.)

I bet this question comes up for 240Z people because aftermarket wheels were so
popular.  If anyone is on a Z list and would be so kind as to post this
question and forward me any result I'd be thankful (or just email and tell me
what the best Z list to join is so I can post that question to it).

Secondly I hear it's a popular upgrade to install Toyota (truck?) 4 piston
calipers to 240Z's, I'm guessing this is not an option for Roadsters because
there's no mention of it on the 311S website.  The Volvo brake conversion is
the easiest/least expensive way to get stronger brakes?

Again thanks for any opinions,

Eric Hoffman

Yahoo! Mail Mobile