Re: Stripped manifold stud threads

To: pete_303@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stripped manifold stud threads
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 13:58:32 EDT
Matt,

The problem with welding it up is it being a deep hole. They can't get
inside with the TIG gun. The thing to do is have it tapped to the next larger
size, inch or metric, and have an insert made with the correct threads on the
inside and whatever you tap to on the outside. The 10mm to 8mm inserts might be

commercially available. If you like, in a couple weeks when I get back from
vacation I can make the inserts you need. Finishing the holes with a bottoming
tap so the threads go all the way to the bottom helps but is not vital. Also,
 you want coarse threads in the head.

keith williams

In a message dated 5/17/2005 10:31:48 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,