Stripped manifold stud threads

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stripped manifold stud threads
From: matthew peterson <pete_303@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 10:29:45 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everyone,
After many years of my roadster being off the road for a very slow going engine
swap I was hoping to have the manifolds back on and be driving it soon but I've
had another setback.  One of the manifold studs that had pulled out before
while I was rebuilding the engine (L20b) a few years ago and I tapped a size
larger (10mm from 8mm) has pulled out again.  This is the first of three studs
that I oversized because of threads pulling out.  I'm planning on putting in a
helicoil and hoping that holds.  Does anyone have any advice for me.  If the
helicoil doesn't do it I'm afraid I'll have to take the head off and have a
shop weld shut the holes and re-tap them back to 8mm.
Thanks,
Matt Peterson
'68 1600 (with non-running L20b)