2000 su carb linkage

To: "'Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net'"
Subject: 2000 su carb linkage
From: Leigh Brooks <shifty@shiftco.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:52:05 -0700
Hi folks,

I got Zippy running well enough to drive it up and down the alley this
weekend - this thing is quick - going to be a real "lil' bastard"!

I'm having trouble with the throttles not going all the way back to
idle. I have to push on the font carb linkage to get it to slow down.
This happens with both sets of carbs that I have. The linkage doesn't
seem to be interfering and I have new throttle return springs. Any
pointers?

Also what does the connecting rod look like from the carb linkage to
the throttle? Is it a fixed-length rod or adjustable like the 1600? I
have both kinds.

Somewhere I saw a picture tutorial on tuning SU's - maybe on Keith
Williams' site? Can't seem to find it again.

Thanks,

Leigh Brooks
Seattle