Road Atlanta & SEROC weekend

To: "Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Road Atlanta & SEROC weekend
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 06:10:48 -0400
  1500 mile round trip @ 25 MPG @ $2.10 per gallon average = $126

  Sandwich fixing's for the crew for the weekend = $50

  Event program & t-shirts = $30

  Time spent with good friends = PRICELESS!

  The racing was a bit slow for some reason.  Seemed like every other track
session ended in a red flag followed by waiting for several tow trucks to
gather the victims off the track.  Lots of MGs and Triumphs (feature marque
for the event) decided to call it quits by either finding an accommodating
wall to cuddle up to or they just dumped oil down the main straight in
protest of the speeds they were running.  Tom Phelan gave the wall a try but
only managed to leave some very deep scratches in the rear fender.  Nothing
a 2 pound hammer and some white racing tape couldn't fix/hide.
  Saturday night was the SEROC dinner.  I think we had about 25 members
gather for dinner and the annual meeting.  After some great food, Brad
played master of ceremony.  Everyone got a dash plaque for the event and
then the raffle began.  Gifts were donated by Fair Lady Products, Classic
Motorsports Magazine, and many of those in attendance.  Everybody got
something; even the kid at a nearby table that thought the Mitty
Challenge/Classic Motorsport poster was cool!
  So, if you were there, you might think I left out an important part of the
weekend?  I won't go into details, but keep your eyes open in upcoming
issues of Classic Motorsports and Grassroots Motorsports magazines for
article on the Mitty Challenge and find out just whose car won what.  AND,
an in-depth article on Paul's 1600!  SEROC's Datsun roadsters caught the
magazines eye again this year and it sounds like we will get some great
press in the next several issues!

  It was a long weekend and an even longer ride home Monday, but if I can, I
will be there again next year.  Especially now that I know the secret
location of the best BBQ in Gainesville, Georgia!  Thanks to all that made
the weekend special and made this yank feel at home.  If you have every
wondered about 'southern hospitality, make the trip to Road Atlanta next
spring.  And a big thanks to Brad and Gayle for their efforts in making it
all happen.

Paul Kort
Ohio