RE: Ball joints revisited - is there a factory alternative??

To: "'Dave Stoll'" <dgstoll@gwi.net>,
Subject: RE: Ball joints revisited - is there a factory alternative??
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@nasa.gov>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 07:18:53 -0600
 I have thought long and hard about this.  It would be easy to make a-arms,
but my only hang up is ball joints with the correct taper for our spindles.
If we had this, two route open up.  First we could build an adaptor to use
the original a-arms, or second, build new a-arms.  One of the first things I
am going to try is machining the treads off the a-arm bushing shaft and the
bushing itself, then put in a composite bushing between the shaft and
original bushing.  Now, back to ball joints - we need an upper and lower
with the correct taper.

Phil
SEROC