Re: throwout bearing

To: Gordon Glasgow <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: throwout bearing
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:53:46 -0700
I was able to remove my old one by putting the collar in a vise so the
bearing itself was hanging below the vise, using a hammer to tap a brass
cylinder (soft metal drift) around the inside of the old one and then
pressing the new one on by lining it up and tightening it in a vise.
Dunno if that's the best way but I had it done in less than an hour and
had never done one before.