Batterieies & heater core

To: "Gary Boone" <gaboone70@earthlink.net>
Subject: Batterieies & heater core
From: "garretson2" <garretson2@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 22:01:20 -0400
Hey Guys, Gals;

I too are anxiously awaiting the sound of my R-16 after a 28 year nap with
the Gary Boone dizzy retrofitted.

First I have to get the heater core back in the box & mounted on the
firewall.

Dump question I know,
Does it matter which way the water flows thought the heater core?? Seems
like it would not, the thing is symmetrical.

Next question more electrical in nature is the battery.  Any recommendations
on a small, no-spill minimum size battery. Eventually I am planning on
moving it back to the trunk but for now it will go up  front.

I have been looking at the Sears "Optima"  no spill,  spiral wound lead
acid.

Anyone running  a gel cell??

Regards

Rick G