Re: Zinc Plating

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Zinc Plating
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:16:58 EDT
Hello all,

       I agree. Plating is something you can do at home but with the
chemicals involved in doing it correctly, not to mention getting rid of them
afterwards, it seems like too much trouble. If you had just a few parts and
wanted to
try it out the Eastwood kit does look like it will work. However if you were
doing all the originally zinced parts under the hood it would be easier and
cheaper to have them done.
       When I have carb parts done I take them to a plater here in Las Vegas.
I glass bead everything to bare metal and wire the little bits together with
bare copper wire. I have talked to them to explain that the screws need to fit
back in the holes so don't put a ton of zinc on them. Also talk to them and
look at samples of the finished product. Basicly make sure you understand what
they can and can't do and that they understand what you want.

keith