Trim assembly machining pics:

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trim assembly machining pics:
From: <gerardomagana@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:00:48 -0700
Hey all, I have some really cool pictures of the trim assemblies that are
almost done.  These pictures show the trim assembly undergoing the keyhole
cuts in a CNC mill !!  This is the final process of that machining phase.  The
next step will be to get that final correct angle machined on the inside
surface, bend the lower lip for the body panel and make that bend toward the
keyhole.  The last step is the polishing process, I was able to visit the
machine shop today and they tell me Friday will hopefully be delivery day.
The keyhole cuts will have plugs that will hold the pins in so they don't fall
out.  There is a picture with a small pin in one that demonstrates the fit.  I
just can't wait to put one of these on my car at the end of the week!!  I do
not want to upset anybody on the list by sharing these pictures, so please do
not take offense if you are unhappy with seeing a rare part being reproduced.
This is the link for the pics http://www.softcom.net/users/gmagana/trim/
Thanks, Gerardo
Please read disclaimer below:
P.S. These pictures are merely for the demonstration purpose of production of
a roadster part and are not in themself an advertisement for the sale of the
product shown. I am posting this notice due to "List Guidelines" that only
allow "advertisement" once a month.