Re: Rear Brakes: 510 wheel cylinders?

To: "Tom Aiken" <tom.aiken@gmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Brakes: 510 wheel cylinders?
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@schroeder-family.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:56:54 -0500
You might well be able to save your brake cylinders.  Get the pistons and
seals out.  Take some 800 or 1000 grit wet/dry, soak the cylinder and sand
paper with light oil and very gently polish the inside of the cylinder.  The
idea is to remove the gunk and dirt without breaking the surface as they are
anodized for hardness.  If the gunk comes out and the walls are not pitted
just stick in a new set of seals.

Mine had set for 12 years and looked great after being cleaned.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000
SRL311-13359