Public thank you!

To: Datsun-Roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Public thank you!
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 01:54:06 GMT
I big thank you to a couple of people is in order:  First, Dean at Fairlady for
the GREAT idler box rebuild.  I took my old box to several people who looked at
the little bit of play and said "Hey, I would run it... it is not your
problem".  Dean said "It should have zero play".  I sent it to Dean.  When I
got it back it had just that... ZERO play.  With the new lower A-arm bushings,
great new ball joint boots and the rebuilt idler box, my suspension is the best
it has EVER been.  Thanks Dean!

Second, to Gary Boone.  I have been running a "Boone style" distributor that a
friend and I put together years ago, creating and guessing as we did it, since
1988.  When a recent dyno run showed some major timing problems, I decided to
send it off to Gary... glad I did.  It was a mess.  What I got back was EXACTLY
what I asked for:  A distributor that I could run at 20 degrees initial with 12
degrees advance built in, for a total of 32 degrees.  The car responds off the
line (big carbs like lots of initial advance) pulls like a champ, and even with
11.7 to 1 compression I am not knocking at all (I may even be able to run just
92 octane gas, or at least mix in a lot less race gas).  No dyno run yet, but I
know it is much stronger and smoother.  The distributor came back to me looking
like new, professionally done and worth every penny.  So thanks Gary, you did
me right!  Now, off to the dyno!
Thanks guys for jobs well done!
Greg Burrows
67 2000 #588