RE: Newbie to list with questions

To: "'Datsun Roadsters list'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Newbie to list with questions
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:27:00 -0700
Ahhhh, you car nuts are all alike. A person asks a little question, and
immediately you send him a car to buy.

Just kidding, lol!

Do you know this car, Matt? The picture is pretty poor.

I'm really just in the research phase right now. The 311s.org site Andy
recommended appears to have quite a bit of information and activity plus a
nice For Sale section. I see I just missed out on a couple of local
roadsters for sale. I'm hoping I can hook up with a local roadster owner for
a look-see and maybe a test drive. It's been 25 years since I drove/rode in
one of these beasties.

I'm struck by the similarities in the Fair Lady 1500/1600/2000 and Porsche
914's. Discounting the 914-6's that had the 911 6-cylinder engine, the 914
came in 1.7, 1.8, and 2.0-litre 4-cylinder engines. The '73-'74 2.0L
(pre-smog/pre-5mph bumpers) are the most desirable and cost more, though
only a super concors one would pull more than $10k. However, the prices have
been slowing climbing each year.

I have no set budget, but thinking of $5k or less, which means I can
probably forget about a running 2000.

Thanks.

Pete