Re: Pressure caps on 1600

To: "robbpynes" <robbpynes@continet.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pressure caps on 1600
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 19:32:53 -0500
A worn out pressure cap wouldn't cause the car to overheat. After my
waterpump gave up the ghost on my way home from the Glen one year I ran
w/the pressure cap loose so no pressure would build up and never ran hot.

My 66 ran warm but never that hot. I suggest he replace the thermostat and
put a 'flusher' into his system and try to clean out all the crud. A reverse
flush kit is also recommended.

If the rad wasn't recored to 3 rows he should do that also as it makes a big
difference from the stock 2 row rad.

I would also mix the a/f 60/40 with 60 being the water %.

Mike