RE: starter - getting there!

To: "'J Sylvester'" <jsylvester3136@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: RE: starter - getting there!
From: "Brian Rourke" <bbtmc@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 11:05:40 +0930
Simple question, go for a new reduction starter. They are smaller and
NEW....

All the best, Brian

We'll, I'm half way home.  I have the starter out after creating a
little
clearance by separating the body from the frame (thanks for the tip,
Bruce!!)

As for the starter replacement, what are your thoughts of a rebuild vs a
gear reduction unit in terms of cost, utility, etc.

One thing's for sure:  I hope it's a while before I have to change
starters
again, so whatever I do, I want to ensure as much reliability as
possible
into the repair.

As always, thanks for your expertise, advice, guidance - and most of all
-
tolerance

Jim Sylvester
'68 2000