Starters, Chains and Water pump motors

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starters, Chains and Water pump motors
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 17:10:08 -0600
Keep alert for $200 Roadsters in barns and back yrads.  They are out there and
are a good source of chains, gears, and starters.

I just installed an electric waterpump on my race car.  I have mounted a
solenoid to cut the alternator circuit.  I also have an electric fan.  During
the race I can cut out the alternator and eliminate all accessory drag on the
motor.  Now I just need to figure out how to eliminate the oil pump and
distributor.  I guess I could fab up a dry sump and crank trigger.  I estimate
the elimination of the water pump, alternator and fan to give me at least 15
extra horsepower.  With the 12.5 to 1 pistons, 296 degree cam, and other
goodies I should be down on the 8 pound per horse range.  That is about the
same as a new Z06 Vette.