RE: testing engine on frame

To: <limprod@comcast.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: testing engine on frame
From: "Matt Jacquet" <matt@vander-bend.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:03:31 -0800
That was posted for sale on the 311s.org site, the owner lived in SoCal. It
may still be in the archives. I remember having a very similar set-up in HS
autoshop.

Matt

Last year, out of the blue, I ran across someone that was selling a
1600 engine.  The owner had mounted the complete engine set up on a
flatbed push dolly (mesh deck cart). Fabricated rails and a cut out in
the dolly's mesh flat top let the engine sit on top much like it is
suppose to in a car and made allowances for oil pan access.  The
radiator bracket, actually the push handle of the cart, also held a
panel for the gauges and switches.