Re: Anyone know this car?

To: "J Sylvester" <jsylvester3136@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Anyone know this car?
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 13:39:55 -0800
> In my continuing quest for a 2000, I came across this on e-bay...
>    item=2451947122&ca

Well, I can't say as I think much of the description... Does the seller
truly know almost nothing about these cars, or is he overhyping to
suck in novice buyers? (Gee, I hope the seller isn't on this list...)

No real mechanical data is provided. It has nice paint, OK. But
how does it shift? When was the last brake job? Is the chain about
to go?

The only engine picture indicates it's been desmogged in a less than
professional manner, and they ripped out the PVC line (bad sign,
IMHO).

Just my ramblings. I wouldn't buy at that price without a good
inspection.

-- John