Re: SU Carb Questions - U20 with "B" Cam

To: calabria1922@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU Carb Questions - U20 with "B" Cam
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:57:26 EST
        Any visible wear ion the needles is bad news. They are turned to
.0001 precision and wear at the idle end is particularly bad. Also take a close
look at your nozzles. A little wear goes a long way, expecially at idle.
      I was looking at needles for the 2000 to replace the stock N-17. You
might try the British SU needle MC. Its just a little richer through the
midrange and some more richer at WOT.
       The needle selection thing is a real art. I would highly reccomend the
book "How to build & power tune SU carburettors" by Des Hammill. It is
available through Amazon or some of the other on-line book dealers. It is the
best
I've seen on setting up the SU carbs.

       keith williams