Spot Welding and Metal Coatings

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spot Welding and Metal Coatings
From: "Eric A. Isaacson" <eric.isaacson@jbtool.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:01:56 -0500
Greetings,

I vaguely remember a product used to coat two metal surfaces prior to spot
welding that would not burn through or be compromised by the heat, yet still
protect the metal surfaces.  Does anyone remember a product like this?

My 1600 frame has some rust through where the front of the floor pans
contact (sort of) the frame.  My 78 year old father manufactured frames for
Advance Mixer cement trucks for 25 years or so.  It seems he is quite eager
to cut out the rusty pieces, size the new metal replacements, and weld them
in.  "The frame will look like new when I'm finished."  I like hearing that!
It looks like this Roadster project is becoming a family affair.

Take care,

Eric A. Isaacson
Fort Wayne, Indiana
1968 Datsun 1600 Sports