A few things

To: Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: A few things
From: Les Cannaday <les@classicdatsun.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:30:34 -0700
First I did not say it would be the last show we do but I have to figure
out why I cannot get a bigger attendance from people who say they want
to be there. I have now heard that we should move the show back to the
beach but what you did not know was they were going to start charging us
$400 to have ranger stay with us so they can not be sued.(I guess a baby
fell into the firepit the last year we had the show there and the
totally irresponsible parents thought the state Park system had deep
pockets and sued and the park just settled since thats cheaper than
fighting) It has been suggested that I DO use the event and self promote
and at least make it worth my time which does make sense since I love
what I do and enjoy the people involved normally. It has also been
suggested that we go back to a simple show with no shirts or trophies
etc and let people bring food and have a potluck. OK maybe! But think
about it we started this show to get people to bring out their cars for
others to see and that in turn made others want to make their cars
better so then the values and quality of cars started to go up. It has
always been a peoples choice show which means we need PEOPLE. I have
also kept the show devoted to the older Datsuns for the most part while
only accepting the newer Zs after they were discontinued and we used to
get cars out that never showed up anywhere else and I thought that was a
good thing.

Its a shame that we do not have time to do this right since the new
magazine Classic Motorsports was looking  forward to a story and photos
for their end of year issue.

Some of you may know that I am in charge of the competition/track day
for the national Z convention in Los Angeles  next summer and I am
trying and was thinking that maybe if they will let us bring the all
Datsun event to their convention so that Mr K can see something besides
Z cars that we could try to get one more large turnout for his birthday.
So my goal next year may have been to have the show in conjunction with
theirs anyway. My goal was also to get as many other datsuns out for a
day at Willow Springs Racetrack to have a LOT of fun and I have some big
things planned.

So as a follow up since everything that was said I will host a BBQ at my
shop with no shirts or plaques and people can bring food and we have
room for about 75 cars. If you want beer or soda bring it along this
will be a throwback to when I hosted parties for Mr. K and many
celebrities from Datsuns past and maybe we can go for a drive or
whatever you all want to do.
Les
--
Les Cannaday