RE: fuel sender

To: "'datsun_sports'" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: fuel sender
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 18:18:44 +0930
Hi Mike,
I seriously doubt if the after market sender will mount into the tank
easily.
However I believe there is a sort of standard with respect to the fuel
sender resistance ranges.
The fuel sender on my '65 SP310 I have for example, has a range of
Empty @ ~3ohm to Full @ ~100ohm (so in round figures you can say 0 -
100ohm, empty to full).
Check your sender and quote the figures to the vendor and see if the
analogue gauge will be compatible.
A digital fuel gauge can be calibrated to handle almost any sender I
believe.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 PL510 2 door - in storage.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
Adelaide, South Australia.