240Z carb linkage details for 1600

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 240Z carb linkage details for 1600
From: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:58:24 -0500
For all:
Some time ago, some folks asked me how the early
240Z carbs were hooked up on my pushrod 2L.
Well, I finally got around to taking a clear pic of
the setup.  If you want to see this, E-mail me
and I will E-mail back with a JPEG.  I dont think
this will work with a 67.5 or newer car because the
aft carb float bowl may not clear the brake master
cyl.  Note the main return spring on the aft part
of the shaft, and I recently installed small return
springs on each carb ball pivot as a safety measure.
The link arms are the adjustable 1600 type.
They are new also, since one of them was worn enough
to pop off.  New ones are quite expensive, just FYI.
Hope this helps a person or two.
Jim
Chesapeake VaGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com