Bent valves on rebuild

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Bent valves on rebuild
From: "Allen Blackmon" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:24:26 +0000
To LIst,

My continuing adventures.  It's my guess that the shop that built my engine
put the chains on one tooth off.  If you've been following my saga, the car
would just not run.

Well, did a compression check yesterday.  I have 90 on #1 and 2, 130 on 3
and 4.  Doesn't look good.

I have been in contact with the shop.  They say that they'll make it right,
assuming the valves are bent.  Kind of peeves my off, though, that they
didn't do it right the first time.  I even gave them the "shop manual" so
they could see how do it.

Allen
1970 2000