websites

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: websites
From: Mitch Planck <mitch@ias.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:29:33 -0500
I just added the http://roadster.brooks-planck.org to the webring. I wanted
to remind everybody of this unique site. It is editable by anyone who goes
to it, any page may be changed or added. Links to things as well, the only
caveat is no embedded html, thats to dangerous for security.

I created a few pages and links to show what can be done and I'll also offer
to store roadster-related photos on this server as well.

There are on screen instructions on how to edit and add pages - it's very
easy.

For the techies on the list, (don't read this if you don't want the tech
stuff) this is a wikiwiki web, which is an open source php-based
application. It was designed to run on unix/linux with apache and some
database back-end, but I was able to get it going on w2k/iis with php and a
flat-file back-end. That suprised me!

Also, if you're looking for someone's email address, check
http://www.brooks-planck.org/DatsunDiaries/Whoswho/index.html. Most of the
people listed there have email addresses linked as well. For example, if you
go to the http://www.brooks-planck.org/DatsunDiaries/Whoswho/michigan.html
page, you'll see my bio and my name next to it is a link to my email
address. If your browser is correctly configured then clicking on the link
will open a new email to me.

It's been getting mighty cold in Michigan recently (I'll probably be making
that wonderful sounding apple brew over the holiday), so work on the
roadster has slowed to a crawl. I did get in a couple odd parts the other
day. I ordered them in July from nissanautoparts.com, only about $4 worth of
shims and such. I put one in on my steering box and it works better now.
(http://www.brooks-planck.org/DatsunDiaries/steering_boxes.html#adjust). I
only have to get a pitman arm puller to pull the pitman arm and then install
the new seal and the steering box will be just about done. At this point I
can only dream about driving my roadster again.

Happy Turkey Day!
Mitch Planck
Chelsea, MI
'69 1600