FW: Nuts & Bots book, seat refurbish, LA-SF traveling note

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: FW: Nuts & Bots book, seat refurbish, LA-SF traveling note
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 10:28:48 -0800
just a note:
<<snip>>I'd like to recommend a great book to all  racers and others -
Carroll Smith's Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners and Plumbing.
<<snip>>  Much better read than it's title would suggest although it's not
exactly a coffee table thing.
You've never seen Victor Laury's coffee table!
Next, speaking of Vic's coffee table, a while back he recommended
refurbishing your own seats (on the coffee table) rather than sending them
out.  Well, I am completely clueless regarding upholstery, but went ahead
and tore my passenger seat down, replaced the foam, rust-proofed the rails,
and am now ready to re-assemble.   took about 3 hours up to this point.
Thanks for the 'kick in the seat' to get me going (which I may be due for
another after that coffee table comment!).
Driving LA/Daly City-El Cerrito/LA next weekend time frame, let me know if
anyone needs anything carted to/fro.  needs to be able to fit in average car
back seat.  Fergus O, 69 2000, HB, CA