Re: what is a syncro?

To: "Steve Ehlers" <stevenehlers@charter.net>,
Subject: Re: what is a syncro?
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 06:37:02 -0500
The later 5 speeds also have a different gear case (stronger) that looks
like the 1600 boxes (with a lot of little boxes).

I was surprised when I opened the box to find a servo tranny. I don't think
you'll know what you have until you open it up.

Dick Tillinger who rebuilt my 5 speed suggested using dino oil in the servo
boxes until the synchros broke in - usually 1,000 miles or so.

Mike