Sparco vs. Schroth harnesses for roadster

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sparco vs. Schroth harnesses for roadster
From: "Allen" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 08:06:16 -0800
To List,

I am considering upgrading my current belts to either Sparco or Schroth
harnesses.  I'm looking at the type that is called either "Y" or 3 point
harness.  Basically, I want them to bolt into the original mounting spots.
I've looked around on the web and found prices for the Sparco at around $100
each and Schroth for $140.  The Schroth says it has some kind of ASM device in
one of the should straps, but it looks more like a piece of elastic to me.
Has anyone on the List used either of these or knows anything about them?

I don't plan on doing any racing or anything like that.  I'd just like to feel
a little safer.

Allen
1970 2000