Re: Upper A-Arm replacement advice

To: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Upper A-Arm replacement advice
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 18:16:14 -0500
Shims? I brought my car to get aligned after 20 years of not doing so and it
still was in perfect alignment - w/o any shims.

Jack up 1 side at a time and then remove the lower control arm from the
frame and slowly allow the spring to decompress.

Pickle fork? No way, just unbolt the ball joint from the upper control arm
and replace the upper control arm.

FWIW, get new polyurethane boots now that you have the front end dismantled
so you don't ruin all those expensive front end parts. If you do you'll need
a pickle fork but I bought a far superior tool for separating BJs, tie rods,
etc. JC Witless sells them and they're great to have.

My front end just came apart to do the boots.

Mike