Upper A-Arm replacement advice

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Upper A-Arm replacement advice
From: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 18:19:43 +0000
For all:
I have been noticing some increasing dartiness with
the trusty SAKE RKT, which when I was under it
replacing the clutch slave cylander, I figured
out the cause to be upper A-arm bushings going
bad, and possibly a little play in the upper
ball joints.

It just so happens some years ago I obtained a
low milage front end (frame chunk and all
steering and suspension related stuff).  So,
I pulled out my spare A-arms and chucked them
up in the big vise, and jerked around on the
parts.  Everything is indeed very nice and tight,
and cleaned up well.  Grease zerks even take
grease.

So, my plan is to simply replace the whole A-arm.
Probably with new grade 5 or so attachment
hardware.  Spring tension is not a problem,
the short springs are loose in there when the
car is up in the air.
Looks like all I need is my pickle fork and some
wrenches and a few hours.

If I leave out a shim or two it looks like
I can get some negative camber as well.

Am I missing anything with this plan??
TIA!

Jim