Body swap or new rear?

To: "Roadster Mail Group" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Body swap or new rear?
From: "audela2" <audela2@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 06:18:05 -0700
Another question, this one on-topic:

Our '67 has a badly cracked trunk that can no longer support the weight of a
gas tank.  It also had at least part of a '69 or '70 used in the rear to
repair damage from an accident.  Would it be more correct to get an entire
rear and replace it, or would a body swap be acceptable to the "keep it
original" crowd?  We have a '66 body available for the swap, but for this
particular Roadster (it has matching numbers and seems to run pretty well) we
want to keep the originality issue in mind.

Thanks in advance!
Charlotte & Leonard Hoover
Phoenix, Arizona
'64 SPL310 1500