Re: Voltage regulator ground

To: Allen <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Voltage regulator ground
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:31:51 -0800
Allen,

I have a large ground terminal that is mounted on the right front side of the
engine block.  On this terminal there are three wires attached.  The first, and
largest is the NEGATIVE battery cable.  The second wire is connected to a ground
screw located below the voltage regulator on the frame.  The third wire is
attached directly to the rear mounting screw of the voltage regulator.

I am removing these wires and will replace them with a wire from the frame to
the
voltage regulator.  The battery terminal wire is now bolted directly to the side
of the block, and the block to frame ground has been replaced by 1.5" wide braid
straps around each motor mount, providing a solid engine to frame ground.

Tom
69 2000
Portland, Oregon