SR20det Roadster for sale

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: SR20det Roadster for sale
From: "Brian" <b.dooley1@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 16:46:19 -0800
I love the car, but I'm ready for a new project.
1967.5 1600
    The car is heavily modified.  Nismo front springs and sway bar with Koni
shocks all around.  Custom lower spring perches to drop the front an extra 1.5
inch.  Body is in above average condition but does need a little work and a
paint job.  Both bumpers are undamaged and the car has a 2000 grille.  Inside
the car has a full Classic Datsun Motorsports carpet kit and  top of the line
canvas top.  The soft top frame is in very good shape too.  The dash is
outfitted in full carbon fiber with Autometer gauges.  The speedo is not
currently hooked up.  The seats are Tenzo Rally units.  I will be happy to
swap them out with a less agressive set if desired.  A Grant steering wheel
and Nismo shift knob finish the interior.  Under the hood is the only running
SR20det swap in the U.S. (that I know of).  It is a '92 S13 motor with a
custom exhaust manifold supporting a T3/T4 hybrid turbo.  A Tial external
wastegate and an HKS manual boost controller is used to limit the boost to
nine pounds at the moment.  It is set to run up to 14 pounds in the future.
>From the turbo, the air runs through a modified Starion intercooler then to
the throttle body.  Excess boost is released by an HKS blow off valve.  Stock
injectors are still maintained.  The stock EFI was ditched in favor of a full
stand alone computer from S.D.S.  A stock flywheel is mated to a Nismo clutch
and the stock five speed.  The driveshaft has been shortened and rebuilt with
heavy duty U-joints.  After breaking the original rear end, I put in a 3.7
2000 unit.  I'm using a Del Sol radiator with a 12" electric fan and an OBX
aluminum catch can.  The car sits on a set of 16" RG tuner wheels.  As of
right now, the car has stock brakes.  I will be swapping these out with a set
of front Brembos from a Porsche 944 turbo.  The rears will also be changed out
for a set of vented disks from an R32 Skyline GT-R.  These will go with the
car regardless of the selling price.  The only factor will be whether I
install them or if they are just in a box to be installed by the new owner.
The term "one of a kind" is used a lot these days,  this is one of those rare
moments where it is absolutely true.  As you can surmise, this car is brutally
fast.  I have not dynoed it yet, but my guess is somewhere in the 240-260hp
range.  The car has not been tuned to it's fullest yet and as I said earlier,
it is only at nine pounds of an available fourteen.  I have not run a 1/4 mile
yet, but on the 1/8th mile, it pulled a 9.1@84.6 mph at only five pound of
boost.  The tires were spinning for at least a third of the track before I got
traction.  Of all the V8 equipped cars I ran against, the closest was 81mph.
I feel confident that it can take a new Vette in the quarter.  I am asking for
$9400 or best.
                                                Brian