Re: starter - do i have the short one? picture!

To: Mike <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: starter - do i have the short one? picture!
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 15:43:46 -0800
Mike,

I just went out and measured the starter on my 2000 (head off right now).  The
starter body s about 6" long.  On the end of the starter facing the front of the
engine you have an aluminum cap, I do not.  My starter case is all metal with a
very short, maybe 1/4" metal end cap.  The distance from the front of the
solenoid to the front end of my starter body is about 2".  Front meaning towards
the front of the engine.

Tom
69 2000
Portland, Oregon