Re: Cooling Modification

To: Datsun-Roadsters List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cooling Modification
From: Chris Coker <chriscoker@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 19:22:26 -0500
I'm interested in hearing about this as well.  I have in my hands an
aftermarket Chevy water outlet, and the bolt holes don't come anywhere near
to lining up on the roadster head.  I'm switching the racecar over to a 2L
radiator for next season.

As a side note, a properly functioning 1600 cooling system works just fine.
Switching to a larger radiator to 'fix' a cooling system problem is just
covering up the symptoms, or may not work at all.  I'll be generating
somewhere between 160-170 hp with the new race motor, hence the need for the
extra cooling capacity.

--
Chris Coker
69 1600 SPL311      <http://mywebpages.comcast.net/chriscoker/roadster.html>