speaking of headers

To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: speaking of headers
From: "Mike" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 17:11:30 -0800
hi,

I pulled the aftermarket header on my early 67. the cross bar that attaches
the pipes together was broken on either side of the center two pipes. the PO
also cut the end of the header off (I think the flange is what it is
called). im going to replace the whole exhaust now and would like to know a
good source for a header (not original is ok - money is important here!).
the PO put a cherry bomb on it as well. im going to get rid of it. what is a
good muffler that has pleasing sound, will fit the early 67 roadster, and
still give good performance? what are you guys using? for the guys in
Vegas - if you know a good shop that can handle the job let me know. does
the pipe going over the rear axle cause a big problem?

thx for the help,

mike