Who's Who

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Who's Who
From: Jim Williams <jamesd_williams@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 10:34:44 -0800 (PST)
Ny name is Jim Williams and I have 2 datsun roadsters,
a 68 and 69 2000. I am 51 years old, and have been
married for 31 years to my wife Kathy.

My dad owned an auto repair shop in Hayward, CA, and I
had fun learning about cars from about 10 years old.
Our shop was next to the Porsche dealership so I got
to repair and drive almost every car imaninable.

I bought my first roadster (68 2000)in 1971, with a
blown engine. I rebuilt the motor and drove it to San
Diego for college at SDSU. My career has been in
broadcast engineering, softeware development, building
TV stations (Denver and Las Vegas),  managing TV
facilities (Columbus, OH, and Scottsdale, AZ), and
Satellite delivered educational programming.
Scottsdale, AZ is now home, where I recently joined
the staff of Highlands Church, as  a Business and
Missions Pastor.

I sold my first roadster in 1972 inorder to afford to
get married. I never got over the fun of having a
roadster, so 4 years ago my wife bought me a 68 2000
in boxes for my birthday. It took me 3 years to get it
running, with the biggest challenge getting the
transmission back together from parts in over 100
baggies, that the PO provided.

The AZROC  and especially Ron Hamilton have helped me
to rebuild a fairly reliable driver, that serves as my
mid life crisis relief.

I was given a second 69 2000 parts car last year. It
had no engine or transmission or title. I had enough
spares to get it mechanically running, and was able to
track down a local former owner who signed off the old
title.

I will probably get this car ready to paint and sell
it to cover the cost of a VG30 or SR20DET engine
package. It has been a great platform to test my
engine, transmission, and brake rebuilding skills.

This list has been an important part of my roadster
experience. The experience, generosity, and
friendships developed here have made it possible for
me to join a fun team of Roadster owners. I welcome
the opportunity to help other roadster owners as so
many of you have helped me!

Jim Williams
jamesd_williams@yahoo.com
Scottsdale, AZ