I Am, Was, and Will Be

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: I Am, Was, and Will Be
From: Rob Simmons <rsimmons2@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 23:21:32 -0600
Hi
My name is Rob Simmons.  Another Canadian from Winnipeg, Manitoba.  I
share a part of our abode with my wife Pat and 10 cats.  My wife doesn't
understand my "hobby", but thankfully tends to ignore the time and $
that I put into it.

I fell for Roadsters years ago.  There were never many here in the Great
White North however.  A few years ago I saw an ad in the local Auto
Trader offering a 1500 for sale and as they say, the rest is history.
The 1500 was an interesting find as it had been owned by a lady school
teacher who lived in the country.  The teacher eventually sold it to the
local auto body man in town who traded it for a massive compressor and
that's where I came in.  This car has been a daily driver for me except
for this past summer.....no space in the garage.

My lonesome roadster soon acquired some brothers and sisters of the 2000
variety (only because there were no other 1500 s around).  The family
soon grew to 7 and one car passed on to a local roadster owner.  I
figure I can cobble together two good roadsters of the five 2000's.  I
will have a lot of spare parts to keep them running as well.  I will be
on the road with my current resto next summer!

I am a retired school teacher who has always had an interest in cars but
never got into restoration.  I took an auto body course when I retired
so I could have the pleasure (?) of working on the cars myself.
Currently working on a partially restored 2000 that I picked up in
Indianapolis.

Rob