Rotors (removal)

To: "Datsun-Roadsters List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rotors (removal)
From: "Jessica" <windsurfer@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 16:18:46 -0500
Hi-

Well I went to replace the rotors today and as usual I am working carefully.
I loosened the lugs, jacked up front of car, put it on jack stands. Removed
lugs, tire/rim. Removed the dust cover from the spindle, removed cotter pin
and nut.   Loosened and removed the two bolts holding the brake caliper
assembly on. Pulled the hub/rotor assembly off of the spindle. I then placed
the hub/rotor in a vise using special inserts to protect the rotor from the
vise jaws. I then removed the four bolts holding the rotor to the hub.

Now I am stuck??  Any suggestions how to separate the hub from the rotor?

Thanks,

Ivin

PS.  Also began to re-attach my exhaust manifold (header) that I purchased a
while back.  I haven't tighten it up all the way yet but it appears that the
bottom end will just touch the oil pan.  Should that happen?

Thanks again,

I'm learning and loving every minute of it.

Ivin