Bio

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bio
From: "Joe Jackson" <rimshot@a-znet.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 12:51:27 -0500
I can't think of any reason why this will be of interest to anyone except
assurance that I am not an infiltrating member of an international spy ring.
1. born on a Maryland farm 89 years ago...spent 22 yrs trying to get away from
it
2.grad engr'ng..Johns Hopkins..1935(depression yrs.).GOT a JOB !!!
servengrPhila
3.1936-transfer..Hartford Ct.electronic heat-treating furnace
controls&furnaces
4.not drafted( war prod  WWII..aircr engines,rifles,tank ammo,machgun belt
clips)
5.1942 got a new watch where I found the light of my life and  married
her(forever
6.1950 transf to Phila,largest sales office ..1960 transf   to Canada,Toronto
7.1971  got fired, bought precision sheet metal business built around
computer-
     controlled punch presses making parts for electronics cos.power supply
encls
8.1989  retired,moved back to the US,did Rotary work,crossing guard,etc.
9. 1998 downsized house,car,& dog to  Welsh  Corgi .
10 2002 sold part of family..a 1951 Jeepster
11.new adoption..rusty seized 1967 Datsun SPL311 snatched from the grave .

Wonderful family:-top 1% wife,2 beautiful daughters(both wrenchers,lost one to
cancer),2 grandsons grad from Penn State this year. Guardian angel works for
us most of the time..example..Winter1946 in a6year-old Buick(104000 mi.
halfway to Hartford) in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere with
a new baby on board the generator blew.A guy gave us a beer,warmed up the
baby,scraped away a pile of hay in an old barn to find a usable replacement;
in an hour we were on our way(he wouldn't take a penny.) My philosophy.."Aging
is a penalty you pay for living a long time"
 Sorry if you spent time reading this instead of doing something useful. Best
Joe

                                                                            .
; New