who am I????

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: who am I????
From: "Mike Faggart" <mikef@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 11:47:39 -0500
Good question,   I am Mike Faggart and I live in Salisbury, NC.  I have a
lovely wife, Regina, and 2 children.  Daughter and her husband are both cops
in High Point, NC.  Son is in college.  I am 51 and a roadsterite.  My first
roadster was a 1969 2000, purchased then, showing my age.  I used to autocross
it, and still have some of the trophies collecting dust at my mother's house.
After Regina and I were married, we needed a second car.  So, how about
another roadster!!  Found one in Greensboro, NC, and it was our second car for
a while.  When we started a family, needing more room, I traded it in on a
Buick Century.
  I have always been a sports car nut, or loose nut behind the wheel.  My
father owned a 356 Porsche, before going to M-B.  My 69 roadster was my first
car.  Wish I had it now.  Back then I and a few buddies would go to VIR and
Road Atlanta to watch the races.  Fitzy and others like Paul Newman, Bob Sharp
were racing Datsuns.  Used to go to Clemmons on weekends to visit Jim
Fitzgerald and his crew.  Funny seeing a roadster body setting on 2 ladder
back chairs!  Can we say lightweight.  Met Keith Hege then, he was a wrench
for Fitzgerald.  He also did some work on my car!!  Funny thing is 33 years
later, my car was sitting at a restaurant in Mocksville, NC, this gentleman
walks out of the restaurant and says that is a little car for such big
seatbelts,(simpson racing belts).  He introduces himself to me and it is Keith
Hege!!!!  We have stayed in touch since then.  Small World.  Ok, now back to
the boring stuff.  Black car came to me about 2 years ago, 68 2000, was a
1600.  Still working on it, but drivable.  Lovely primer black.  But it runs
guys.  Next came a yellow car.  I got it from Charlotte, NC, in boxes.  Work
in progress.  One day I will have a completed car, I promise SEROC.  I have
had the roadster bug since 1969 and still have it today.
  Oh yes, some personal stuff, Work in the transportation field and currently
travel America delivering New Big Trucks.  So if I am in an area for a
layover, I may be calling you to see what is happening.
  I would like to thank this list for being there.  All of you are great
people!   I was on the list before I got my black car.  I have made many
special friends from this list.  ROC'ers are the best.  Thank you Ben Zech,
and Tom Phelan for helping me get restarted in roadsters.
  I can not say enough about Tom Phelan, there are a few special people in
this world and he is one of them.  GO IRON BUTT.  I have had a lot of special
moments in my roadster, with my wife, family and friends.  However, getting to
see Tom race at VIR in his roadster will be near the top of the list.  Thanks
TOM.
  Thanks for the forum, I love all of you.

Mike Faggart
Salisbury, NC
SEROC